Before installing Luna into a project, it is important to prepare a playable scene that contains the relevant user experience for your ad. We recommend creating a new scene in Unity in order to do this.
We recommend this because:
- The highest performing ads are often “built as ads” - they have certain mechanics that entice the user and showcase something special about the game
- You may wish to include a short tutorial or intro screen
- You should include an end card or call to action
- You don’t need (or want) to convert the entire game code! Luna won't support certain features such as ads or analytics SDKs
And remember - playable ads have size and technology limitations, so keep this in mind when creating your project.
When preparing a project, there are a few basic requirements which will speed up the entire process.
Project Structure and Settings
- Ensure the project was built using Unity Editor 2018.2 or above
- Ensure that your Scripting Runtime Version is 4.0 or above
- Try to extract references to external SDKs (Ads, Analytics, social networks) into separate files to be able to quickly exclude them later
- Prepare your app store links, an in-game screenshot (for pre-loader background image) and app icon
- Try avoiding reflection: Luna supports most of the instances, but not all
- Avoid file system calls or extract those to a separate file to be able to quickly exclude them later
- Avoid network interaction as most playable ads platforms forbid that
- Please ensure you have a C# source code version of it instead of DLL file
- Avatar-based animations (both generic and humanoid) are not supported: please re-bake the animations to target skinned mesh directly.
Luna sits on the game code of your project, so creating variations is simple. For example, changing the colour of the main character, or varying the difficulty of the level.
By using Luna Playground, anyone will be able to create multiple playable ads in a matter of seconds without having to touch your code or rebuild the project.
See Playable Fields Implementation for detailed information.